My team and I would like to wish all who are celebrating this weekend a happy Passover and a happy Easter! We hope that you have a relaxing time and are able to get together with friends and family to enjoy the holiday.
Here are some schedule changes to keep in mind this long weekend:
The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Easter holiday from Friday, April 7 to Monday, April 10.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Service Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive and 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10. Friday’s collection will take place on Saturday, April 8. Monday’s collection will take place on Tuesday, April 11. All other collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Residents can sign up to receive reminders and service alerts for their waste collection day by email, phone or Twitter at ottawa.ca/CollectionCalendar.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. There will be no multi-residential recycling container, green bin, or bulky item collection on Friday, April 7. Friday’s pickup will take place on Saturday, April 8. Collections of multi-residential recycling containers, green bins, and bulky items will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Friday, April 7 from 9 am to 5 pm, Saturday, April 8 from 7 am to 6 pm, and Monday, April 10 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- Holiday rates will be in effect on Friday, April 7, at the following garages only:
- Byward Market Garage (Lot 4) – 70 Clarence Street
- Dalhousie Garage (Lot 5) – 141 Clarence Street
- City Hall Garage (Lot 6) – 110 Laurier, Avenue West
- Standard parking rates will apply for on-street parking and all other paid City-operated parking lots.
- OC Transpo bus service and O-Train Line 1 will operate on a Sunday schedule on Friday, April 7 and on a reduced weekday schedule on Monday, April 10.
- Rural Shopper Route 305 will not operate on Friday, April 7.
- On Friday, April 7, Saturday, April 8, and Sunday, April 9, the whole family can ride all day for $11.25 on a single DayPass. Purchase your Family DayPass at any ticket machine or from your bus operator. A family can be made up of as many as six people, with a maximum of two aged 13 or older. Children seven and under ride for free every day!
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open during regular hours all weekend.
- OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Sunday, April 9, but will be open on Saturday, April 8 from 9:30 am to 4 pm, and on Monday, April 10 from 10 am to 7 pm
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres currently remain closed.
- OC Transpo Lost and Found (Heartwood House) will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10. You can call 560-5000 to report a lost item.
- Para Transpo:
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be automatically cancelled on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10. Regular trips will not be cancelled on Sunday, April 9.
- Customers can book trips for Easter Weekend starting one week ahead, which would be on Friday, March 31 for Good Friday, Sunday, April 2 for Easter Sunday, and Monday, April 3 for Easter Monday, by calling 613-560-5000 or using My Para Transpo.
- The reservations line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip information / cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am, or you can live text at 57272.
- The Taxi Coupon line will remain open.
- For more information on Easter Weekend service, visit octranspo.com or call (613) 560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Recreation and cultural services
- Some indoor pools, arenas as well as recreation and fitness centres will be open, operating on a modified schedule. Please check ottawa.ca for details. Please note that some regular public swims may be cancelled on short notice due to a shortage of lifeguards. It is recommended you confirm by checking with the facility before leaving home.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- City Hall Art Gallery and Karsh-Masson Gallery will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10.
- Shenkman Arts Centre and Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10.
- The City of Ottawa Archives, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the COVID-19 Testing page for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be closed.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 to 11:30 pm on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins will be closed Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10. Our weekend drop-ins will be open Saturday, April 8 and Sunday, April 9. Visit Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins calendar for clinic hours and availability.
Municipal child-care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Friday, April 7, Sunday, April 9, and Monday, April 10. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website