Mayor Jim Watson invites everyone to the Family Day Skating Party at Marion Dewar Plaza at City Hall on Monday, February 18 (Family Day) from 11 am to 2 pm.
The party will go ahead rain or shine, whether the Sens Rink of Dreams is open or closed.
The party will feature many of your favourite local mascots, free family activities, as well as free coffee and hot chocolate, compliments of Tim Hortons Restaurants, and you may even see:
- Eccentric Adam’s dinosaur and Megatron
- Stilt walkers from Ottawa Stilt Union
- Imperial Storm Troopers
Come in the morning and stay all afternoon to enjoy:
- The Governor General’s Foot Guard Band
- MOOV Ottawa Dance Team
- Ottawa School of Art craft station
- Nepean Visual Arts Centre’s skate charm activity
- Button and pin making workshops with Community Arts & Social Engagement
- Ottawa Museum Zone
- City service information displays
Come and get a free custom engraved hockey puck by Artengine and Hack613! (while quantities last).
Parking at City Hall is free on weekends and holidays. Or, take the free OLG Sno-bus to City Hall between 10 am and 3 pm on the last day of Winterlude.