Preparatory activities (borehole drilling, top soil stripping, site office mobilization, pre-construction surveys, tree clearing, etc.) are currently underway on each O-Train extension.
O-Train Confederation Line West Extension
• Tree clearing underway at demolition properties and is expected to begin in October at several priority areas including Iris Station to Baseline Station, Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF) area, and the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway area.
• Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway (SJAM) Cut and Cover Tunnel Preparatory Works
o SJAM is shifting north to accommodate the space required to construct a cut-and-cover tunnel between Dominion Station and Cleary Avenue
o Off-peak lane reductions between Dominion Avenue and Cleary Avenue are anticipated in late October, although bidirectional traffic will be maintained at all times
o Gravel spreading is currently underway within the SJAM median.
• West site office and day-to-day yard set up (Baseline Road and Navaho Drive)
o Utility installation is complete and water connection is pending
o Granular pad installation is complete and office trailers are arriving on site
o This site will be used for the coordination of Confederation Line West construction activities
• Building demolition is scheduled to occur in September 2019 within the project limits:
o On the east side of Connaught Avenue between Severn Avenue and Hanlon Avenue (three houses)
o On Richmond Road, east of Cleary Avenue (one strip mall)
o Crews will be commencing preparatory activities such as decommissioning utilities and site fencing in early September.
• Rochester Field:
o Archeological investigation efforts have concluded at Rochester Field, and an archaeological report is currently being finalized for the NCC
o In the coming weeks this are will transition to a laydown site
• Borehole drilling is currently underway in the following locations:
o Transitway near Iris and Baseline
o SJAM pavement boreholes in the median
o Dominion Station
• Borehole drilling is scheduled to occur at the following locations:
o Lincoln Fields Tunnel Portal
o Pinecrest Creek SWM Pond
• Pre-construction surveys:
o East-West Connectors (EWC) have retained DST Consulting Engineers to carry out a pre-construction survey of the homes and buildings located within close proximity to the project. As indicated in the east update, DST will be documenting properties to establish the existing conditions of the interior and exterior of buildings near the alignment, prior to the start of construction.