Stage 2 LRT Project Update October 5 to October 18, 2020
The City of Ottawa’s Rail Construction Program is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and is in contact with the constructors about adhering to guidance provided by Ottawa Public Health and the Province of Ontario.
Construction is underway across all three Stage 2 O-Train Extensions:
- In the south, work is progressing well at the Walkley Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF) and on multiple rail bridges including Airport Parkway, Uplands Road, Lester Road, Leitrim Road, Bowesville Road, Earl Armstrong Road, and Limebank Road.
- In the east, Highway 174 road and utility relocation work is ongoing to make way within the centre median for LRT infrastructure. Bridge construction is underway at the East Rail Flyover Bridge, and on two new highway overpasses at the Montreal Interchange.
- In the west, work at the Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility, Queensview, Iris, Lincoln Fields, and Byron Linear Park is ongoing, including construction of the Lincoln Fields Flyover rail bridge. Cut and cover tunnel construction has commenced on the Parkway Tunnel. Preparatory works
O-Train Confederation Line West Extension
- Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF):
- Storm sewer relocation on the east side of Stillwater Creek is ongoing.
- Moodie watermain work to begin end of October.
- Holly Acres and Highway 417 Interchange
- Bridge column pouring is ongoing.
- Drill rig operations for central pier shafts is ongoing.
- Pinecrest Station Area
- Excavation is ongoing in the northeast quadrant of Highway 417 and Pinecrest Road.
- Crews have started access road preparatory works, soil stripping and excavation.
- Excavation is ongoing in the northwest quadrant of Highway 417 and Pinecrest Road.
- Southwest ramp extension work has started.
- Baseline Station Area
- Storm sewer, drainage and roadwork in the future bus loop area has started. This work will require overnight dewatering activities.
- Iris Station Area
- A detour for eastbound and westbound Iris Street traffic is open.
- Culvert work is underway.
- Lincoln Fields Flyover Rail Bridge (south of Lincoln Fields)
- Pedestal (base of a support column) construction is complete.
- Bridge girder installation and retaining wall construction are ongoing.
- Connaught Cut and Cover Tunnel
- Watermain relocation work has begun.
- Sewer relocation work along Connaught Avenue is ongoing.
- New access to OC Transpo facility is complete.
- Lincoln Fields Station Area
- Carling Avenue storm sewer is being relocated.
- Temporary traffic realignments are in place on Carling Avenue as work progresses.
- Temporary bus loop construction continues.
- Excavation is ongoing north of the future station.
- Utility work and rock breaking are underway on the north side of Carling Avenue.
- Byron and Richmond Corridor (Byron Linear Park)
- Storm sewer and drainage work is now underway.
- Underground utility relocation is ongoing on Byron Avenue.
- Hydro relocation work on Richmond Road near McEwen Park is ongoing.
- Cylinder piles are being drilled to support cut and cover excavation. This work is progressing from New Orchard Station eastward to Woodroffe Avenue.
- Select eastbound bus stops on the southside of Richmond Road between Richardson Road and Cleary Avenue have been temporarily closed.
- Rochester Field & Sir John A. Macdonald (SJAM) Parkway
- Utility relocation is complete on Skead Street and Fraser Ave. Work continues on Mansfield Avenue.
- Construction of slurry pits are complete.
- Goldenrod Bridge (west of Tunney’s Pasture Station)
- Excavation, rock breaking and abutment pouring for the new bridge are upcoming.