Ottawa – The following services will operate on different schedules on Labour Day, Monday, September 7.
You can also find a list of City services and facilities affected by COVID-19 on ottawa.ca and octranspo.com.
- The 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection. Pickup will resume on Tuesday, September 8. Collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day.
- Multi-residential recycling, green bin and bulky-item collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- The Trail waste facility will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
Parking and roads
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply on Labour Day. Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, parking control officers are not monitoring overtime parking on residential streets.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall from Friday, September 4 at 6 pm until Tuesday, September 8 at 6 am.
- On Monday, September 7, OC Transpo bus and O-Train service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- O-Train Line 1 will run from 8 am until 11 pm, and O-Train Line 2 replacement bus service will operate from 7:30 am until 11 pm.
- Labour Day also marks the last day of special service on Routes 185, 25 and 139 to the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum and Petrie Island.
- Use the OC Transpo Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- Masks or alternative face coverings are mandatory on buses and trains and inside stations and shelters. Help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Ottawa: don’t take public transit if you’re feeling sick, do a self-assessment before leaving home, use the hand sanitizer dispensers in select stations and always wash your hands thoroughly when you reach your destination.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open from 10 am until 6 pm. All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres continue to be closed until further notice.
- You can buy or load a Presto card:
- Using Ticket machines at all O-Train Line 1 stations and the Ottawa International Airport
- At Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore locations
- Via Prestocard.ca
- By phone at 1-8-PRESTO-123 (1-877-378-6123)
- By downloading the PRESTO app
- You can load your ParaPay account on parapay.octranspo.com or by calling 613-741-4390.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-741-4390 or TTY: 613-741-5280) will be open from 7 am until 9 pm.
- You can plan Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) trips using Plani-bus.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regularly scheduled trips for Monday, September 7, will be cancelled automatically. You can book trips for that day by calling 613-244-7272 or by using the online booking system.
- Masks or other face coverings are mandatory on Para Transpo vehicles. Please do a self- assessment before you leave home and don’t take Para Transpo if you are sick.
- Para Transpo operations:
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am until 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am until midnight.
- The Taxi Coupons line (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- Splash pads will be open, weather permitting.
- Some indoor and outdoor pools will be open for public swimming, with modified schedules.
- Some weight and cardio rooms with be open with modified schedules.
- Most registered programs will be cancelled, but check with your facility to confirm as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health
- Assessment Centre and Care Clinics:
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm until 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed for general calls.
- Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 phone line at 613-580-6744 will be open from 9 am until 4 pm.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The baby help line will be closed.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the City Hall Art Gallery at City Hall will remain closed.
- City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will remain closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will remain closed.
Municipal child care
- All Municipal Child-Care Centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches that have been open for contactless or curbside services will be closed.