Ottawa – The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Labour Day, Monday, September 6.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit Ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall and Ben Franklin Place and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside collection of green bins, recycling or garbage on Labour Day. Collection scheduled for Monday, September 6 will be collected on Tuesday, September 7. Collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- Garbage at multi-residential properties will be collected on the regularly scheduled day. Collection of recycling and green bins will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Labour Day from 9 am to 5 pm.
- All overtime parking, signed or unsigned, are not being enforced on residential streets. All other parking restrictions are in effect.
- On Monday, September 6, buses, O-Train Line 1 and O-Train Line 2 bus service will run on a Sunday schedule. Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre in the Rideau Centre will be open from 10 am to 4 pm. Plan ahead: call 613-560-5000 to book an appointment.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres remain closed currently.
- You can buy or load a Presto card at:
- You can load your ParaPay account on parapay.octranspo.com or by calling 613-560-5000.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled on Monday, September 6. Customers may start booking trips one week before by calling 613-560-5000 or online, beginning Monday, August 30.
- The reservations line will be open from 7 am until 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation line will be open from 6 am until 12:30 am.
- The Taxi Coupon phone line will be closed.
- For more information on Labour Day service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000.
- Some indoor and outdoor pools will be open for public swimming, with modified schedules.
- Some weight and cardio rooms will be open with modified schedules.
- Most registered programs will be cancelled but check with your facility to confirm as some exceptions will apply.
- Splash pads will be open until September 15, weather permitting.
- Beaches and wading pools are closed for the season.
Ottawa Public Health
Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination booking information and to determine your eligibility.
Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing Information page for hours of operation and to book appointments at assessment centres and care clinics in Ottawa. Some testing locations will have adjusted operating hours between Friday, September 3 and Monday, September 6. Please review your local testing site’s hours before booking an appointment.
Public Health Services
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed. The COVID-19 Information line at 613-580-6744 will be open on Monday, September 6 from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking line at 613-691-5505 will be open from 8:30 am to 4 pm on Monday, September 6.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Baby Help Line will be closed.
Community and Social Services
- The Tom Brown respite centre, at 141 Bayview Road, the Bernard Grandmaître respite centre, at 309 McArthur Road, and the St. Paul’s Eastern United Church respite centre, at 473 Cumberland Street, will be closed. The centres will reopen on Tuesday, September 7 during regular operating hours.
Municipal child-care services
- All municipal childcare centres will be closed on Monday, September 6.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Monday, September 6. Virtual services and loans can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the City Hall Art Gallery will be open 9 am to 8pm on Monday, September 6. The Ottawa Sport Hall of Fame at City Hall will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives and Gallery 112 will be closed.
- All other City arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.