To celebrate the City’s first Women and Gender Equity Strategy, approved by Council in April, the City’s Gender and Race Equity, Inclusion, Indigenous Relations and Social Development team is hosting an engaging panel discussion on women and gender equity.
Featuring internal and external champions, Women and Gender Equity: A continued commitment in challenging times will explore both challenges and innovations by women and gender diverse peoples, identify areas of work within the City and our communities, as well as highlight next steps in advancing the strategy.
- Suzanne Obiorah, Director of Gender and Race Equity, Inclusion, Indigenous Relations and Social Development at the City of Ottawa
- Valerie Stam, Executive Director of City for All Women Initiative and co-chair of Community Table working group
- Andrea Pierce, Equity Ottawa Lead at Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership
- Sowmya Rajasekaran, Creator of #Buildwomenupseries
Guest speaker Anjam Sultana, National Director of Public Policy and Strategic Communications at YWCA Canada, will highlight key challenges and opportunities in working towards women and gender equity in a pandemic and discuss the intersectional and gendered impacts of COVID-19.
You’ll also hear remarks from:
- Councillor Theresa Kavanagh, Council Liaison for Women and Gender Equity
- Donna Gray, General Manager of Community and Social Services
- Valerie Turner, General Manager of Innovative Client Services
Date: Friday, May 28
Time: 9 to 11:30 am
Place: Zoom (Register using Eventbrite)
You can join the conversation and engage with panelists by posting questions using the chat function.