The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for the holiday season, between Friday, December 24 and Monday, January 3.
- Client service centres, including the Government Service Centre at 110 Laurier Avenue West and the service centre at Ben Franklin Place, will be closed on Monday, December 27, Tuesday December 28, and Monday, January 3.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Courts are open by appointment only and will be closed on Monday, December 27, Tuesday December 28 and Monday, January 3.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- Curbside and multi-residential green bin, recycling, garbage and bulky item collection will take place as per regular schedule. Collection will not be delayed due to Christmas or New Year’s Day.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed on Saturday, December 25 and Sunday, December 26 as well as on Saturday, January 1.
- Christmas trees will be picked up on your regular collection day. Please remove all decorations. Christmas trees in plastic bags or frozen into a snowbank will not be collected.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West, from Friday, December 24 at 4 pm until Sunday, December 26 at 7 am, and from Friday, December 31 at 4 pm until Sunday, January 2 at 7 am.
- The ByWard Market Garage at 70 Clarence Street and the Dalhousie Garage at 141 Clarence Street will offer free parking from Friday, December 24 at 4 pm until Sunday, December 26 at 7 am, and from Friday, December 31 at 4 pm until Sunday, January 2 at 7 am.
- At these facilities, exit gates will be placed in the ‘up’ position during these time periods to allow for free exits.
- OC Transpo holiday service will run from December 20 to January 1. Shopper routes will operate on a normal schedule throughout the holiday period. Visit octranspo.com for information on hours of operation, frequency adjustments and schedules for bus routes and O-Train Line 1 during the holidays.
- Customers can get real-time schedule information, 24 hours a day, by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 plus their four-digit bus stop number or first three letters of the station name.
OC Transpo Customer Service
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open throughout the holidays to help customers with schedules and trip planning, including:
- Christmas Eve from 7 am to 9 pm
- Christmas Day from 9 am to 5 pm
- Boxing Day from 9 am to 5 pm
- New Year’s Eve from 7 am to 9 pm
- New Year’s Day from 9 am to 5 pm
- The Rideau Centre OC Transpo Customer Service Centre will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. It will be open:
- Christmas Eve from 10 am to 5 pm
- New Year’s Eve from 10 am to 5 pm
- Hours of operation are subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Customer Service Centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans, and St-Laurent Stations remain closed.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled, but customers may book trips for these days by calling 613-560-5000, or by using the online web form, up to seven days prior to the holiday. Customers are reminded to suspend their regular booking if they will be on vacation during the holiday season.
- Para Transpo services will be extended to 3 am on New Year’s Eve (with the last trips booked for 2:30 am).
- Para Transpo phone reservations and cancellations will be available over the holidays during regular hours, except for New Year’s Eve, when cancellations will be available until 3 am.
- The taxi coupon line will be closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- To contact Para Transpo regarding holiday scheduling, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000.
Recreation and cultural services
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will operate on modified schedules during the holiday season, including public swimming, fitness and public skating facilities. Please check ottawa.ca for schedules.
- Some holiday-themed registered programs will be offered at community centres, arenas and swimming pools. Browse JoinOttawa or check with your facility to register.
- Holiday schedules for refrigerated outdoor rinks, including the Rink of Dreams, Lansdowne Park skating court, Ben Franklin Place skating rink and Jim Tubman Chevrolet Rink can be found at ottawa.ca/skating. Check the alert status on the homepage of ottawa.ca to confirm that the rink is open.
- Shenkman Arts Centre will be closed December 24 to 27, and January 1 to 3.
- The Box Office at Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe will be closed from December 24 to January 9.
Ottawa Public Health
- COVID-19 Vaccine locations in Ottawa
Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine web page for up-to-date hours of operation between Friday, December 24 and Monday, January 3.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking line at 613-691-5505 will be closed December 25 and 26 and will be open Dec 27 and 28 from 8:30 am to 4 pm. The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking will be closed January 1 and will be open Jan 2 and 3 from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
- Assessment Centre and Care Clinics
Visit the COVID-19 Testing Information web page for up-to-date hours of operation between Friday, December 24 and Monday, January 3.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed Saturday, December 25 to Tuesday, December 28 and Saturday, January 1 to Monday, January 3. The Site mobile van will be closed on Friday, December 24 but will operate from 5 pm until 11:30 pm from December 25 to January 3 except on December 31 the hours will be 5 pm to 10 pm.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed Monday, December 27 to Tuesday, December 28 and Monday, January 3. The clinic will be open for appointments on December 24 and 31.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed for general calls December 25 to 28 and January 1 to 3 inclusive.
- Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 phone line at 613-580-6744 will be closed December 25 to 28 and will be open December 29 to 31 and closed January 1 to 3 inclusive.
- The St. Laurent dental clinic will be closed on December 27, 28 and January 3.
- The Baby Help Line is closed on December 25, and on January 1.
Municipal child-care services
- All Municipal child-care centres will be closed on Monday, December 27, Tuesday, December 28 and Saturday, January 1.
- Parents are advised to check operating hours with their childcare centres during the holiday season.
- The Ottawa Public Library will be closed on Saturday, December 25, Sunday, December 26 and Saturday, January 1.
- Branches and services will operate on a regular schedule from Tuesday, December 28 through Thursday, December 30.
- On Friday, December 24, and Friday, December 31, all branches normally open on Fridays will open from 10 am to 3 pm
- Metcalfe Village branch will open exceptionally from 10 am to 2 pm on Friday, December 24 and Friday, December 31.
- Visit the OPL website for hours of operation at OPL’s 33 branches further information and to access library resources and services online.For more information on