The City of Ottawa wants your input on the projects, policies, programs and services that affect your daily life. From open houses to workshops and online engagement opportunities, your feedback helps to shape City decisions.
- Tuesday, July 9
Constance Bay Flood Recovery – Information meeting
Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority
262 Len Purcell Drive
4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Residents impacted by the flooding can come learn about and discuss the restoration activities with staff from Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority, the City, Ontario Power Generation, the Ottawa River Secretariat, and the Ottawa Septic System Office.
- Wednesday, July 10
Hintonburg Community Association – Wellington Room
1064 Wellington Street West
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Residents can learn about and discuss the application to permit a three-storey low-rise apartment building with seven units.
The following online public engagement opportunities are available:
- Heron Gate Official Plan Amendment: Provide your comments on redevelopment plans for new residential buildings in Heron Gate until Thursday, July 18.
- Commemorative naming proposals: Submit your comments on four naming proposals by Friday, July 26:
- The studio theatre in Meridian Theatres
- The park at 2330 Virginia Drive in Alta Visa
- The park at 73 West Ridge Drive in Stittsville
- The senior’s room in the Hunt Club Riverside Park Community Centre
- Payday Loan Establishment Licensing Review: The City of Ottawa would like to receive any comments, concerns, or questions on the licensing review for payday loan establishments. Provide your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 613-580-2424 ext. 41421 by Wednesday, July 31.
- Open Ottawa: The City provides free access to data and information through its Open Ottawa data portal. As part of the City’s Smart City 2.0 Strategy, we want to hear your ideas on how to improve the portal and what data sets you would like to see.
- Ottawa Rural Economic Development Strategy: The City is developing a Rural Economic Development Strategy and action plan for economic growth in rural Ottawa. Provide your input on how the City can develop economic growth in rural Ottawa and identify key sites for arts, culture, heritage and tourism.
- Peer Parenting Support Program: Provide your opinions, ideas, insights and personal experiences to help shape Ottawa Public Health’s Peer Parenting Support Program for new and expecting parents and caregivers.
The City offers residents a variety of opportunities to engage, share information and collaborate. You can weigh in on different online engagement opportunities using the City’s new innovative engagement platform Engage Ottawa and see a full list of current engagement opportunities by visiting the public engagement event page on ottawa.ca.