Have your say and engage with the City: Week of July 1
Ottawa – The City of Ottawa wants your input on the projects, policies, programs and services that affect your daily life. From open houses to workshops and online engagement opportunities, your feedback helps to shape City decisions. The following online public engagement opportunities are available:
- Heron Gate Official Plan Amendment: Provide your comments on redevelopment plans for new residential buildings in Heron Gate until Thursday, July 18.
- Commemorative naming proposals: Submit your comments on four naming proposals by Friday, July 26:
- The studio theatre in Meridian Theatres
- The park at 2330 Virginia Drive in Alta Visa
- The park at 73 West Ridge Drive in Stittsville
- The senior’s room in the Hunt Club Riverside Park Community Centre
- Open Ottawa: The City provides free access to data and information through its Open Ottawa data portal. As part of the City’s Smart City 2.0 Strategy, we want to hear your ideas on how to improve the portal and what data sets you would like to see.
- Ottawa Rural Economic Development Strategy: The City is developing a Rural Economic Development Strategy and action plan for economic growth in rural Ottawa. Provide your input on how the City can develop economic growth in rural Ottawa and identify key sites for arts, culture, heritage and tourism.
- Peer Parenting Support Program: Provide your opinions, ideas, insights and personal experiences to help shape Ottawa Public Health’s Peer Parent Support Program for new and expecting parents and caregivers.
- Rental Accommodations Study: The City is reviewing regulations to address public health and safety, consumer protection, community nuisances and other areas related to private rental properties. Provide your input on rental housing, student housing and short-term rentals like Airbnb and Flipkey.
The City offers residents a variety of opportunities to engage, share information and collaborate. You can weigh in on different online engagement opportunities using the City’s new innovative engagement platform Engage Ottawa and see a full list of current engagement opportunities by visiting the public engagement event page on ottawa.ca.