You can get financial support to help with additional costs during the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19. Eligible applicants will receive a one-time payment of:
- $200 for each child or youth up to Grade 12
- $250 for each child or youth up to age 21 with special needs
The deadline to apply is February 8, 2021.
You are eligible to apply if you live in Ontario and are a:
- parent or guardian to a child or youth up to Grade 12
- secondary school student over the age of 18
- parent or guardian to a child or youth that is 21 or younger and has special needs
A child or youth with special needs is:
- any student reported to be receiving special education programs or services by their school board
- any child enrolled in licensed child care reported to be receiving special needs funding or support
- any child identified as having a special need
We do not consider students who are identified as being solely gifted to have special needs under this program.
It doesn’t matter if a child or youth is enrolled in school or child care.
Children, youth or students are eligible if they:
- attend a publicly funded school
- attend a private school
- attend a First Nation operated or federally operated school
- attend school in-person or online
- are homeschooled
- are enrolled in child care
- are at home