The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Family Day holiday on Monday, February 20.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Service Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive and 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, February 20. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 21. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Residents can sign up to receive reminders and service alerts for their waste collection day by email, phone or Twitter at ottawa.ca/CollectionCalendar.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Collections of multi-residential recycling containers and green bins will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo buses and O-Train Line 1 will run on a normal weekday schedule.
- Rural Shopper Route 301 will not be running.
- On Family Day and on every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday, the whole family can ride all day for $11.25 on a single DayPass. Purchase your Family DayPass at any ticket machine or from your bus operator. A family can be made up of as many as six people, with a maximum of two aged 13 or older. Children seven and under ride for no charge every day!
- Going to Winterlude on Family Day? Ride the OLG Sno-Bus for free to official Winterlude sites across Ottawa and Gatineau. Visit octranspo.com for more information.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be open. All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres currently remain closed.
- OC Transpo Lost and Found (Heartwood House) will be closed.
- Para Transpo:
- Para Transpowill operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be automatically cancelled on Monday, February 20. Customers can book trips for Family Day between Monday, February 13, and Sunday, February 19, by calling 613-560-5000 or using My Para Transpo.
- Para Transpo customers can also text 57272 to live text with Customer Service Representatives.
- The reservations line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- The Taxi Coupon line will remain open.
- For more information on Family Day service, visit octranspo.com or call (613) 560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Recreation and cultural services
- Most indoor pools, arenas as well as recreation and fitness centres will be open, operating on a modified schedule. Please check ottawa.ca for details. Please note that some regular public swims may be cancelled on short notice due to a shortage of lifeguards. It is recommended you confirm by checking with the facility before leaving home.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Monday, February 20. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- City Hall Art Gallery and Karsh-Masson Gallery will be closed on Monday, February 20.
- Shenkman Arts Centre and Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe will be closed on Monday, February 20.
- The City of Ottawa Archives, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and Gallery 112 will be closed on Monday, February 20.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the COVID-19 Testing page for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be closed on Monday, February 20.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins will be closed.
Municipal child-care services
- All municipal child care centreswill be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Monday, February 20. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.