- This event has passed.
Household Hazardous Waste Event Schedule
April 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Date: Sunday, April 24, 2022
Hours of Operations: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: Tunney’s Pasture*
*Note: Please follow the signage at Tunney’s Pasture for the specific location of the event
Note that event dates are subject to change.
The schedule will be updated as needed on Ottawa.ca. Residents are also encouraged to consult the Waste Explorer tool for a full list of items accepted at the HHW events. In addition, the Waste Explorer provides a list of retailers throughout the city that accept household hazardous waste materials at any time, and will continue to be updated as more sites are identified through the adaptation of the Hazardous and Special Products Regulation (ACS2021-PWE-SWS-0004) by producers of household hazardous waste materials.
The following procedures will be in place at each event:
- Upon arrival, residents will be directed into a queue where they will wait their turn to park in a designated area. All vehicles will be spaced accordingly, and residents must remain in their vehicle at all times;
- Residents arriving on bicycles are permitted to drop-off materials, and they must follow the instructions provided by staff on site;
- Residents will not be able to sort their material on site. Residents must remain in their vehicle at all times. Staff will remove the material from the trunk of the vehicle by complying to restrictions of physical distancing;
- The depot will accept household hazardous waste only. No electronic waste will be accepted. Residents can bring electronic waste to the Trail Road Landfill facility at no cost or can contact a participating Take it Back! member to arrange for proper disposal;
- Bins, totes, gas cans, etc. will be returned to the resident, if requested;
- If using a cardboard box to transport your material, please line the box with a garbage bag for possible leaks;
- The last vehicle will be emptied at 4:00 p.m.