- This event has passed.
Hartleigh Avenue at Richmond Rd – Notice of Temporary Road Closure
August 25 - September 10
This notice is to advise that, as part of the Stage 2 O-Train Light Rail Transit (LRT) project, Hartleigh Avenue at Richmond Road will be temporarily closed for watermain utilities relocation work.
- What: Road closure for watermain utilities relocation for the future LRT tunnel. There will be no access to and from Richmond Road via Hartleigh Avenue.
- When: From August 25 to September 10, 2021. Weather and other factors can affect the schedule.
- Why: Utilities are being relocated to make space to excavate and build the LRT guideway and the New Orchard and Cleary stations.
- Where: Hartleigh Avenue, between Midway Avenue and Richmond Road
- Traffic detours are planned during road closure periods, with posted signage and flag persons.
- Pedestrian mobility will be maintained with a detour to the opposite side of the Richmond Road around work zones.
- No utility service interruptions are expected.
- Residents can expect noise from equipment to remove asphalt and movement of material.
- Residents may experience delays in accessing driveways during daytime hours.
- New service connections are required at #233 and #235 Hartleigh Avenue and will require work on the driveways. Residents will be advised of driveway impacts.
- The bus stop at Richmond Road and Hartleigh Avenue will be moved further west on Richmond Road.
- Dust control and street sweeping will be in place.
Accessibility is an important consideration for the Stage 2 LRT project. The Stage 2 team makes every effort to provide access through and around construction sites. If you require special accommodation, please contact email@example.com
The safety of the public and workers is paramount, and we thank you for your patience during construction.
Future work is required in this area. Additional construction updates, such as changes to work sequencing and the duration or impact of this work will be communicated via the Stage 2 project e-newsletter.