- This event has passed.
New Official Plan Consultation Session
September 19, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We hope that you can join the conversation at Councillor Kavanagh’s session to plan the future of our great City! The New Official Plan is a document that outlines the vision for future growth and physical development in Ottawa.
Please note that parking is limited at the Olde Forge. Other parking options are available on Britannia Rd and the Farm Boy mall.
The City is proposing to make a number of significant policy changes through the Official Plan to make Ottawa the most liveable mid sized city in North America. Known as the “Five Big Moves“, the following statements capture the most significant policy proposals for the new Official Plan:
1. Growth: Achieve, by the end of its planning period, more growth by intensification than by greenfield development. This growth will provide a variety of affordable housing options for residents.
2. Mobility: By 2046, the majority of trips in the City of Ottawa will be made by sustainable transportation.
3. Urban Design: Improve our sophistication in urban and community design, and put this knowledge to the service of good urbanism at all scales, from the largest to the very small.
4. Resiliency: Embed public health, environmental, climate and energy resiliency into the framework of our planning policies.
5. Economy: Embed economic development into the framework of our planning policies.