The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for the Easter holiday from Friday, April 2 to Monday, April 5.
- Client service centres, including the Government Service Centre at 110 Laurier Avenue West and the service centre at Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Drive, will be closed.
- All other client service centres and the City’s Provincial Offences Court remain closed.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside collection for green bin, recycling or garbage on Good Friday, April 2 and Easter Monday, April 5. Friday’s collection will be collected on Saturday, April 3. Easter Monday will be collected on Tuesday, April 6. Collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Garbage at multi-residential properties will be collected on the regularly scheduled day. Recycling containers and green bin collection and bulky items will be delayed by one day.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Friday, April 2, Saturday, April 3, and Monday, April 5 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Information on City parking regulations and restrictions is available on ottawa.ca.
- Please note that regular parking fees apply on Monday, April 5.
Transit Service – OC Transpo
- OC Transpo bus service, including Line 2 replacement bus service, will operate on a Sunday schedule on Friday, April 2 and on a reduced weekday schedule on Monday, April 5.
- O-Train Line 1 will operate on a Sunday schedule on Friday, April 2 and the current weekday schedule on Monday, April 5. Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-741-4390) will be open on Friday, April 2 from 8 am to 9 pm and on Monday, April 5 from 7 am to 9 pm.
- OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be closed on Friday, April 2, and Sunday, April 4, but will be open on Saturday, April 3, from 11 am to 6 pm, and on Monday, April 5 from 10 am to 6 pm.
- CF Rideau Centre will be closed for electrical maintenance work from 7 pm on Thursday, April 1 until 7 am Saturday, April 3. During this time, customers will not be able to walk through the mall to access Rideau or Mackenzie King stations. Visit octranspo.com or refer to onsite signage for information about pedestrian routes during the mall closure.
- Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) customers can plan their trips using Plani-bus.
- For more information on Easter service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390.
- Para Transpo will operate on a holiday service on April 2, April 4 and April 5. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled on these dates, with the exception of Sunday, April 4. Customers may start booking trips one week before by calling 613-244-7272 or online.
- Para Transpo customers are reminded to suspend regular bookings if they do not need their trip on Sunday, April 4, where trips are not cancelled automatically.
- Visit ottawa.ca for the most updated information on the City’s recreation services.
- Most registered programs will be cancelled. Check with your facility to confirm as some exceptions will apply.
Community and Social Services
- The Tom Brown respite centre, at 141 Bayview Road, will be open from 9:30 am to 4 pm on Friday, April 2 to Monday, April 5.
- The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre at 309 McArthur Road, and the St. Paul’s Eastern United Church respite centre at 473 Cumberland Street, will be closed on Friday, April 2 to Sunday, April 4. Both centres will be open from 9:30 am to 4 pm on Monday, April 5.
Ottawa Public Health
Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination booking information and to determine your eligibility.
Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing Information page for hours of operation and to book appointments at assessment centres and care clinics in Ottawa.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed on Friday, April 2 and Monday, April 5.
- The Site program office at 179 Clarence Street, including supervised consumption services, will be open on Friday, April 2 and Monday April 5. The Site mobile vanwill operate on a regular schedule from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed on Friday, April 2 and Monday, April 5 for general calls. Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 phone line will be open every day from 9 am to 4 pm on Easter weekend. Find the latest health information at OttawaPublicHealth.ca
- The Dental Clinics will be closed on Friday, April 2 and Monday, April 5.
- Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed until further notice.
- The Baby Help Line is available from 9 am until 3 pm, seven days a week for families of babies between 0 to 3 months of age.
- Telephone support for breastfeeding parents is available. Information can be found on parentinginottawa.ca.
- The Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame remains closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives and Gallery 112 will be closed.
- All other City arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
Municipal child-care services
- All Municipal childcare centres will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Library will be closed on Friday, April 2, Sunday April 4, and Monday, April 5. Operating OPL branches will be open on Saturday, April 3 from 10 am to 4 pm for holds pickup and returns. Visit the OPL website for further information and to access library services online.
- Visit the OPL website for further information and to access library services online.
Version française page 2