The Government of Canada, in collaboration with other orders of government and across sectors, has developed a new nation-wide mobile app to let users know if they may have been exposed to COVID-19. The voluntary app, called COVID Alert, is now available for free download, in the App Store and Google Play Store.
Along with physical distancing, wearing a mask and other important steps, knowing what to do if you have been exposed to COVID-19 (coronavirus) is another key way to protect yourself and your community.
But how do you know if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19? And, if you get sick, how can you make sure even strangers you’ve been near take the right steps to protect themselves and others? That’s where COVID Alert comes in.
With the free COVID Alert app, you can:
- get a notification if you may have been exposed to COVID-19covid 19
- get advice on what to do next
- tell nearby app users if you test positive for COVID-19covid 19, without sharing any personal information
COVID Alert will not:
- collect, store or access any personal data, or health information
- tell you if you’re currently near someone who’s tested positive
- tell you about outbreaks in your city or neighbourhood
COVID Alert is completely voluntary. You choose to download, use or delete it. The more people who use it, the more effective it will be in helping to protect each other and our communities.