To view all the details on Provincial and City Rules, refer to Ottawa.ca
Restaurants, bars, meeting and event spaces
Effective November 7, indoor food and drink service is permitted under strict conditions including:
- 50-person indoor capacity limit
- Limit operating hours, establishments close at 10 p.m.
- Liquor sold or served only between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Require screening of patrons (e.g., questionnaire)
- Limit of four people may be seated together
- Closure of strip clubs
- No buffet style service
- Music, dancing, karaoke and live performances allowed with restrictions
Sports, exercise classes and gyms
Effective November 7, indoor gyms and fitness centres may open with restrictions, including:
- Maximum 50 people per facility
- Require screening of patrons
- Limit duration of stay
- No spectators permitted (exemption for parent/guardian supervision of children)
- Team or individual sports must be modified to avoid physical contact
- Face coverings required except when exercising
- Increase spacing between patrons to 3 m for areas of a sport or recreational facility where there are weights/weight machines and exercise/fitness classes
- Require appointments for entry; one reservation for teams
- More info about gyms and fitness centres in City facilities.