Here’s the City’s weekly roundup of information in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do you have someone in your life whose first language is not English? If they are looking for information about the COVID-19 vaccines, send them these videos available in eight different languages!
One new neighbourhood vaccination hub opened this week – Vanier North! Drop-in to any location to speak to a public health nurse and get your COVID-19 vaccine. All locations and hours can be found here: COVID-19 Vaccine.
Have you received your first or second vaccine dose outside of Ontario? You can document your proof of vaccination here: COVID-19 Out of Province Dose Documentation
ICYMI: Ottawa Public Health is adjusting its COVID-19 vaccine clinic offerings to increase vaccination opportunities at the neighbourhood level and meet an increasing demand for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Help us build community immunity and reach the goal of 90 per cent vaccine coverage in Ottawa! Spread the word – there are convenient options to get a vaccine in neighbourhoods across Ottawa:
- Visit one of the 17 neighbourhood vaccination hubs currently offered
- Book an appointment with your local pharmacy
- Visit a pop-up clinic
Transportation support services are available to assist in getting to and from your COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
Reminder! Workplaces, community organizations, places of worship and other groups can contact Ottawa Public Health to request a mobile vaccination team to administer first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine on-site, at their own location.
Covid-19 and vaccine updates:
- Over 1.5 million doses have been administered across our city.
- 87 per cent of Ottawa residents 12 and over have received at least one dose and
- 81 per cent are fully vaccinated.
- City of Ottawa implements mandatory vaccine policy for employees – Developed in consultation with Dr. Vera Etches and Ottawa Public Health, the policy requires that all City of Ottawa employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 1, 2021.
Watch: Dr. Vera Etches offers an update and guidance to parents, guardians and students on the return to school and in-person learning in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.