COVID-19 assessment centres opening at the National Arts Centre and McNabb Community Centre
Ottawa – November 13, 2020 – To better meet the needs of Ottawa’s downtown core, two COVID-19 assessment centres will open at the National Arts Centre (NAC) parking garage and McNabb Community Centre.
The current Drive-Thru Assessment Centre on Coventry Road will be relocated to City Hall and the NAC, which will begin operations on Thursday, November 19. The COVID-19 Drive-Thru Assessment Centre at the National Arts Centre will operate in the parking garage, providing shelter, comfort and warmth to Ottawa residents and staff over the winter months. To accommodate resources and staff transitioning to the site, the Coventry Drive-Thru Assessment Centre will formally close on Monday, November 16 at 6 p.m. To ensure residents in the downtown core, who do not have access to a car, can also access a COVID-19 test within walking distance, the COVID-19 Assessment Centre at McNabb Community Centre will open the following week.
These sites are operated by The Ottawa Hospital in partnership with Ottawa Public Health, the City of Ottawa and the NAC.
As is the case everywhere in Ontario, it will be necessary to make an appointment before coming to an assessment centre for a COVID-19 test. Online booking will be made available through a website prior to the appointment and for those who do not have internet access, reservations can be made by calling 613-737-8193.
COVID-19 Drive-Thru Assessment Centre at the National Arts Centre (with validation of registration taking place in the City Hall parking garage)
- Location: City Hall Parking Garage, Elgin Street Entrance NAC Parking Garage, Albert Street Entrance
- Hours: Seven days a week, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Residents will first validate their registration at the City Hall parking garage (P1 level) at the time of their scheduled booking. They will complete their registration process in their vehicle. They will then drive the short distance to the National Arts Centre parking garage entrance on Albert Street to undergo testing. No parking fees will apply.
COVID-19 Assessment Centre at McNabb Community Centre
- Location: 180 Percy Street
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Individuals who do not have phone or internet access may book a future appointment in-person at the COVID-19 Assessment Centre at McNabb Community Centre.