The following schedule changes will be in effect for Colonel By Day, Monday, August 3.
You can also find a list of City services and facilities affected by COVID-19 on ottawa.ca and octranspo.com(link is external).
- The 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Colonel By Day. Pick-up will take place on Tuesday, August 4. Collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling, green bin and bulky-item collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open.
Parking and roads
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply on Colonel By Day. Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, parking control officers are not monitoring overtime parking on streets with no posted signs.
- On Monday, August 3, OC Transpo bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule, with select trips on Routes 61, 63 and 75 extended to Gatineau in the morning peak period, and from Gatineau in the afternoon peak period.
- O-Train Line 1 will operate on a reduced weekday schedule, and O-Train Line 2 replacement bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner(link is external) to plan your trip.
- Masks or alternative face coverings are mandatory on buses and trains and inside stations and shelters. Help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Ottawa: don’t take public transit if you’re feeling sick, do a self-assessmen(link is external)t before leaving home, use the hand sanitizer dispensers in select stations and always wash your hands thoroughly when you reach your destination.
- .The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open on Monday, August 3 from 10 am until 6 pm. All other OC Transpo customer service centres continue to be closed until further notice. You can buy or load a Presto card at:
- Ticket machines(link is external) at all O-Train Line 1 statins and the Ottawa International Airport
- Shppers Drug Mart, Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore locations
- Prestcard.ca(link is external)
- You can load your ParaPay account on parapay.octranspo.com(link is external) or by calling 613-741-4390.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-741-4390 or TTY: 613-741-5280) will be open from 7 am until 9 pm.
- You can plan Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) trips using Plani-bus(link is external).
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regularly scheduled trips for Monday, August 3 will be automatically cancelled. You can book trips for that day now by calling 613-244-7272 or by using the online booking system(link is external). Masks or other face coverings are mandatory on Para Transpo vehicles. Please do a self-assessment before you leave home and don’t take Para Transpo if you are sick.
- Para Transpo operations:
- The reservatins line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am until 5 pm.
- The trip cancellatin and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am until midnight.
- The Taxi Cupons line (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- Beaches, wading pools and splash pads will be open, weather permitting.
- Some indoor pools will be open for public swimming, with modified schedules.
- Most registered programs are cancelled, but check with your facility to confirm as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Brewer Assessment Centre(link is external) will be open from 9 am until 3:30 pm on Saturday, August 1, Sunday, August 2 and Monday, August 3.
- The Moodie Care Clinic(link is external) will be open from 9 am until 3:30 pm on Monday, August 3.
- The Heron Care Clinic(link is external) will be closed.
- The Sexual Health Clinic(link is external) and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program(link is external) office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm until 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre(link is external) will be closed for general calls.
- Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 phone line at 613-580-6744 will be open from 8:30 am until 4 pm.
- Dental clinics(link is external) will be closed.
- Parenting in Ottawa drop-ins(link is external) and phone support for breastfeeding (link is external)parents is closed.
- The baby help line(link is external) will be open from 9 am until 3 pm on Saturday, August 1 and Sunday, August 2 for families of babies up to one year old. The baby help line will be closed on Monday, August 3.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the City Hall Art Gallery at City Hall will remain closed.
- City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will remain closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will remain closed.
Municipal child-care services
- All Municipal Child-Care Centres will be closed on Monday, August 3.
- All Ottawa Public Library(link is external) branches that have been open for contactless or curbside services will be closed on Monday, August 3.