I look forward to participating in the CN Cycle for CHEO, on Sunday, May 7. This annual fundraiser support childhood and adolescent oncology care at the hospital.
The cycling event starts and ends at the Canadian War Museum at Lebreton Flats and involves rolling lane reductions and closures from 6 am and 1 pm on various roadways along the route, which include:
- Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway
- Booth Street
- Wellington Street
- Bay Street
- Portage Bridge
- Laurier Avenue West
- Queen Elizabeth Drive
- Prince of Wales Drive
- Vincent Massey Park Access
- Heron Road
- Riverside Drive
- Hogs Back Road
- Colonel By Drive
- Sussex Drive
- Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway (Rockcliffe Parkway)
A full listing of the lane reductions, road closures and times are located on the CN Cycle for CHEO website.
Some OC Transpo services will be affected by road closures:
- OC Transpo routes 57, 61, 62, 63, 74, 75, and 87 will be detoured between 6 am and 1 pm to accommodate the event.
- OC Transpo routes 9 and 85 will be detoured between 7:30 am and 1 pm to accommodate the event.
- R1 bus service running between Hurdman and Lyon stations during planned O-Train Line 1 maintenance will be impacted between 7:30 am and 1 pm. R1 service will be detoured from Rideau Street and will serve stops on Mackenzie King Bridge. At Lyon Station, eastbound R1 service will serve stop #3006 at Slater and Kent streets, and will not serve Lyon Stop B. R1 service will return to regular routing at 1 pm.
- Travel times on routes serving Rideau Street may be affected due to temporary traffic holds in place during the event.
- Para Transpo travel times may be affected by planned road closures.