Ottawa – With hopes to dive back into better days this summer, the City’s 2021 Summer Aquatic eGuides are now online at ottawa.ca/recreation. Registration for the COVID-modified aquatic program offerings starts on Wednesday, June 2 at 9 pm.
Start dates for summer aquatic programs are dependent upon current COVID-19 restrictions being relaxed sufficiently to allow swimming and pool activities. It is important, however, to proceed with aquatics registration to allow enough lead time to help residents, especially parents and guardians, to plan for the summer months.
If you’re registered for a spring aquatic program, please note that due to the extension of the Stay-at-Home order, that all spring aquatic programs have now been cancelled. Staff are in the process of withdrawing and refunding clients. Participants registered in spring aquatic certification programs will be contacted by staff beginning May 26 to review re-scheduling options.
Summer aquatic program offerings
These low-ratio aquatic programs will be offered in English and French at select locations:
- Swimming lessons for all levels and ages – it’s important to note that a parent or guardian is required to accompany younger children in the pool during instruction to support physical distancing.
- Swimming certifications – including advanced swimming, lifesaving, first aid and instructor skills for youth.
Summer aquatics registration starts on Wednesday, June 2 at 9 pm
Registration is easy. Explore the eGuides to select your aquatic program and follow these simple steps:
- Go to ottawa.ca and browse the summer recreation eGuides or visit JoinOttawa to find a course.
- Click the relevant barcode – it will take you to the course page, with details about the number of spaces available, fees and dates.
- Add the class to your cart and then proceed through the checkout. We’ll email you your receipt.
City swimming memberships will continue to be extended for the duration of the provincial Stay-at-Home order, which was recently extended to June 2.
Follow Ottawa Recreation, Culture and Facilities Facebook page for all the latest news and information on our recreation and arts programs, activities and events.