Highlights and Takeaways
- Internal preparation for demolition is complete, including the safe removal of the asbestos. The structure is ready for demolition. They are waiting for the demolition permit to be released by the city. It should be within the next few weeks.
- Demolition should be completed by the end of summer
At the community meeting last Tuesday February 26th, the proponent introduced concepts drawings of the site that demonstrated the proposed building’s layout and the access connections in proximity to the new development.
New Canadian Tire
- A new store takes 18 months to build
- A present time, there are no plans for other Canada Tire owned stores – ex: no Marks or Sports Check stores
- See the attached proposed Site Plan for details
- The store will have two floors and will cover a larger area than the Sears store. see proposed design options
Proposed Traffic Circulation Changes
All site connections to the adjacent streets are anticipated to remain as is, with the exception of the existing all-movement unsignalized intersection on Woodroffe Avenue located adjacent to the west of the subject building and just north of Carling Avenue; the proponent is proposing that this access be converted to a right-in/right-out only. The modification will be subject to approval by the transportation groups involved in the circulation review process. The adoption of this small modification will be base on the analysis, recommendations and conclusions provided in the Traffic Impact Assessment Report submitted in support of this application.
- Right in / right out turn only at the unsignaled intersection on Woodroffe Ave just north of Carling Ave.Summary
- The traffic lights will remain at the Mall entrance south of Flower and Woodroffe Ave.
- Entrance and exit to Carling no change. Concern was raised that people use bus lane at this exit.
- One way access road beside the new building parallel to Woodroffe
- View illustration presented at the meeting
- View proposed Site Servicing Plan prepared by the city planners.
Deadline date for comments: March 7, 2019
Please contact the file lead.
Name: Amanda Marsh
phone: 613-580-2424 ext. 13409