About the cut and cover work:
All access to the construction site should be via Richmond Road and there should be no heavy construction vehicles related to the activities in Byron Linear Park in the Woodpark neighbourhood. The sidewalk on the south side of Byron Avenue will maintain the east/west connectivity for the residents south of the park. Activities are currently planned for Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Fridays 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with daily dust suppression and daily street sweeping to occur to help mitigate the impacts of excavation.
High level summary of activities:
- Pile drilling (5 piles a day are expected)
- Concrete filling (3 concrete trucks every 3 days)
- Trench excavation and removals will follow pile driving (approximately, 9 metre wide and 9 metre deep trench)
- Every 2 metres excavation will stop and timber lagging (wooden boards) will be installed (supported open excavation)
- Once all the soil has been removed, remaining large rock will be broken in the trench