Ottawa – Stay active this winter and register for one or more City of Ottawa COVID-modified winter recreation and arts activities, starting on Monday, December 7 at 9 pm. In advance, browse our winter eGuides, which go online Monday, November 30, and discover our selection of recreation and arts activities.
Winter programming will include:
- Cross-country and skate-ski lessons for all ages and skill levels, including beginners, at the Terry Fox Athletic Centre, located at Mooney’s Bay.
- Pottery, dance, digital arts, visual arts, multi-media, and music classes at the City’s three arts centres: Nepean Creative Arts Centre, Nepean Visual Arts Centre and Shenkman Arts Centre.
- PA and winter break day camps for school-aged children between the ages of 4 and 12, featuring crafts, games and other social activities.
- Low-ratio inclusive recreation, PA days and winter break camp programs for children, youth and adults with disabilities.
- French instruction dance classes, PA days and winter break camp programs for pre-school and school-aged children.
Remember, registration for the City’s aquatics programs starts on Tuesday, December 1 at 9 pm. Visit ottawa.ca/recreation to explore our aquatic offerings and to register.
The programs and activities have been developed and modified for a healthy and fun environment for you and your family. Visit ottawa.ca/recreation for more details on City safety protocols and measures.
Staying active is important to you and your family’s physical, social and mental well-being. The City is currently developing more winter activities for you and your family that include virtual and outdoor fun. Stay tuned for more information in the upcoming weeks.