Individuals can directly call 613-596-3299, Mondays & Thursdays from 10am-3:00pm. They have the ability to support people in English, French, Arabic, Somali and Lingala. More information can be found at BritanniaWoods.com.
All inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Mental Health Coordinator, Cecile Kasongo at email@example.com.
What is the support line?
With rapid response funding from Ottawa Community Foundation, the BRISC (Black Racialize Individuals Support Channel) support line was created as a response to the increased emotional and social needs in Britannia Woods and surrounding Ottawa West neighbourhoods.
This service will only be available for next the four months, beginning June 15th, 2020 to September 24th, 2020.
- Telephone wellness Support
- Crisis mitigation support
- Provide emotional support for issues rooted in isolation, discrimination, racism or everyday stressors
- Resource Navigation: Help with the navigation process to access community resources, especially individuals face with language and literacy barriers.
- Proximity care supports; Adhering to Ottawa’s Public Health Safety measurements:
- Providing care packages & food supplies
- Engage in social, academic and literacy support to children and adults (on an as needed basis)