Bay Ward is home to an amazing gem – The Britannia Winter Trail (BWT)
There’s lots going on this season:
- BWT now extends all the way west, past Woodroffe to Cleary Avenue. To access this part of the trail, pass under the Parkway at New Orchard and continue west from there.
- Due to the ongoing work by the NCC to improve flood protection at Belltown the trail is closed in that area, but continues after that westward through Andrew Hayden Park. Thanks to the Nepean Sailing Club (NSC) for providing equipment storage to enable the ongoing grooming in that area.
- The NSC have opened up the club to skiers on Wednesday evenings for drinks/dinner.
- Learn-to-ski lessons are being held at the NSC January 29th. Skis will be provided to those that need them. To sign up or get more info, email Britanniawintertrailevents@gmail.com
- In partnership with the Ottawa Outdoor Gear Library, kids lessons are being offered every Sunday through February. To enroll, contact https://ottawaoutdoorgearlibrary.com.
- If you don’t have your own gear, the Trail is piloting a program to lend out equipment. Contact them to find out details and availability.
- Reserve February 14th for ‘Light up the Trail’ event, where the trail is lit up – Come on out and wear your headlamp and be part of the fun!