The Britannia United Church is in search of a local independent contractor to complete custodial functions in and around the Church.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
STATEMENT OF REQUIREMENTS
BRITANNIA UNITED CHURCH
The Committee of Stewards, at Britannia United Church, requires the services of a contractor to ensure that the Church premises are kept clean and tidy, and in good repair, with full observance of health and safety standards.
- Stripping, waxing and buffing floors
- Cleaning the washrooms, including toilets, sinks and other surfaces
- Completing minor plumbing and other repairs
- Washing floors, baseboards, walls, doors, windows and other surfaces
- Cleaning stoves and fridges
- Shoveling snow off the sidewalk and steps to the parking lot, and spreading sand and salt. Keeping outside front and back entrance ways clear of ice and snow
- Putting sod back in place and removing stone and debris on the lawns
- Raking and bagging leaves and pinecones, and filling potholes
- Trimming brush and branches
- Washing exterior windows
- Providing other related services
- Bringing any problems related to repairs and maintenance of the Church’s property to the attention of the Committee of Stewards
- Previous experience would be an asset.
- Living within 15 kilometers of the Church would be an asset.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
- Must submit three references for reference check
- Must complete a Level 1 Criminal Records Check
- Must provide proof of general liability insurance for contractors
- 3-month contract will initially be concluded with possibility of renewal
- Every month, the contractor shall submit an account of duties performed and time spent to complete them for a maximum of 8 hours per week. The Church will pay the contractor $25.00 per hour for services rendered.