This work was originally scheduled to start date August 1, 2019 and end date October 30, 2019 approx. As per NCC – the tender results came back unsatisfactory. They will be going out again for tender hoping to start construction in September instead.
Where: 560 metres of wall between Kempster Ave and Maplehurst Ave
What is being done: Structural stabilization, repair and replacement of the existing pathway wall
- Mortared Stone Rubble Wall, on north side of a former railbed
- Approximately 560 m length; Height varies 0.5 m to 2 m
- Important structural component of the Capital Pathway
NCC Project Website: Britannia Pathway Wall Rehabilitation
- Reconstructed walls would match existing height.
- New materials to match existing look as close as economically feasible.
- Existing City of Ottawa floodgate will be replaced.
- At this time it is anticipated that the pathway will remain open for most of the work.
- If any closure or partial closures of the path are required, detours will be provided.
- Removal of vegetation growing atop the wall section. •Typical noise and construction impacts.
For Additional Information:
National Capital Commission
Phone: 613-239-5000 Email: email@example.com