The existing Britannia floodgates are located at the ends of Rowatt Street and Jamieson Street in Britannia Village.
Renewal of the structure is planned for the 2020 construction season and includes the following activities:
- Localized concrete removals at top of existing concrete walls
- New concrete wall extension to provide a minimum elevation 61.1 m
- Replacement of existing gate with new, taller vertical steel gate
- Re-coating of existing steel inserts and sill plates
- Local excavation (approximately 500 mm deep) within the footprint of the existing gate structure
- Installation of new concrete base slab (with stepped steel sill plate) and new stub walls abutting into existing concrete walls
- New asphalt within footprint of existing walls (to replace what was removed)
- Replacement of existing inclined gate with a new steel segmented vertical gate
- Preliminary drawings for the planned renewal are submitted for information.
Project Contact Information:
City of Ottawa Project Manager
Craig Anderson, P.Eng.
(613) 580-2424 ext. 20126
Consultant Project Manager
(Harbourside Engineering Consultants)
Sarah Hardy, M.Sc., P.Eng.