Physical activity and getting fresh air are important for our overall physical and mental wellness. When staying home and keeping physical distance, there are still some ways to be active and get outside.
Our neighbourhood sidewalks, streets, multiuse paths, and dog parks are all available to get outside and get moving. When doing these activities, some ways to stay safe:
- Step-aside or pass others quickly and courteously on sidewalks. Passing someone on the sidewalk is not considered a close contact or a significant risk for exposure to COVID-19.
- Keep 2 metres distance from others;
- When moving at a fast pace (such as when running or cycling), it is best to stay as far away from others as possible;
- If you must be behind another runner or cyclist, stay well back and try to stagger yourselves so as to not be directly behind them;
- Change your route or the time of day that you go out, so that you can follow these guidelines.