The City of Ottawa has initiated the design and construction assignment of an emergency replacement of an existing 1800mm CSP storm sewer (identified as the upstream segment STM117485) along the west side of Herzberg Road (adjacent to 100 Herzberg Road). The emergency replacement is required due to significant buckling of the pipe leading to cave-in.
Herzberg Road is a Major Collector roadway and a Spine Cycling Route within the City of
Ottawa. The roadway cross section provides two-way traffic, including cycling routs along both sides of the street, with curb and gutter at the roadway edges.
The scope of this project is divided into two phases:
Phase 1 (Winter 2023 – Emergency works):
- Existing manhole (MHST68258) replacement with new 2400 x 2400mm box manhole.
- 5.0m section replacement of existing 525mm CSP storm sewer connecting to manhole (MHST68258).
- 30.0m section replacement of existing 1800mm CSP with 1500mm concrete pipe.
- Installation of temporary culvert sleeve connecting proposed 1500mm concrete pipe with the remaining section of the 1800mm CSP culvert.
- Connection of existing 1800mm CSP culvert crossing Herzberg Rd to proposed manhole.
- Connection of existing 300mm CB lead to proposed 1500mm concrete pipe.
- Streetlight pole relocation works to be completed by the City.
Phase 2 (Summer 2023)
- Replacement of the remaining section of the 1800mm CSP culvert with 1500mm con. pipe.
- Removal of the temporary culvert sleeve.
- Replacement of the existing 1800mm CSP culvert inlet (IN168752) with a concrete headwall.
- Fence installation around proposed headwall.
- Installation of new streetlight base and ducting.
- Streetlight post reinstatement to be completed by the City