As a reminder, this year Ottawa residents have different options for obtaining their flu shot:
- OPH-run public influenza clinics in fixed locations (see below, none in Bay Ward). To avoid crowding and to control the flow of clients in and out of these locations, the clinics will be by appointment.
- Pharmacies will provide flu vaccine to Ottawa residents 5 years and older, including the high-dose vaccine that is publicly funded for seniors. A map of all participating pharmacies is available on the OPH website.
- Doctor’s offices and Nurse Practitioners in the community will continue to provide flu vaccine to their clients.
- OPH is working hard to ensure vaccination clinics throughout the city and is identifying locations for potential mobile vaccination clinics.
Thank you to those who answered the call last week and submitted suggestions for mobile clinic locations in their ward. In the coming weeks, OPH will confirm where mobile locations will be established.
Please note that the submission of a location for consideration does not guarantee that a clinic will be established in that location. The mobile clinics will be established to serve residents who face barriers in accessing the vaccine. OPH staff will review the suggested locations and select sites based on specific criteria and available resources.
Please note that OPH will begin outreach vaccination clinics on October 14. These sessions are not open to the public and are only for clients of congregate care settings who have registered through the congregate care provider. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Please check the OPH Influenza (Flu) page often for the latest updates on the immunization campaign.
Ottawa Public Health (OPH) will be holding clinics at several fixed locations across the city, which are expected to open on October 29th, 2020. Unfortunately, there are none located in Bay Ward.
To avoid crowding, clinics will be by appointment only. Appointment booking will be available by phone and online in the coming weeks. OPH flu clinic locations are now posted on the OPH Influenza (Flu) webpage with the following fixed clinic locations.
- Notre-Dame-Des-Champs, 3659 Navan Road, Orléans
- Ottawa Public Library-Orléans Branch, 1705 Orléans Blvd., Orléans
- Lansdowne – Horticulture Building, 1525 Princess Patricia, Downtown
- Mary Pitt Centre, 100 Constellation Dr., Nepean
- Chapman Mills Community Building, 424 Chapman Mills Drive, Barrhaven
- Eva James Memorial Centre, 65 Stonehaven Drive, Kanata