Ottawa – The following projects will impact Ottawa traffic:
- Richmond Road – Due to construction on a couple of apartment buildings and the LRT Stage 2, drivers along the stretch on Richmond Road between Ambleside Drive and Sherbourne may experience significant traffic and delays. This construction will continue to be an issue for the next few years.
- Highway 417 – The Highway 417 eastbound off-ramp at St. Laurent Boulevard will close from Thursday, October 1 at 11 pm until Friday, October 2 at 5 am for paving.
- Fallowfield Road – Fallowfield Road will have weekday off-peak and weekend lane reductions in both directions at Shea Road from Thursday, October 1 until Saturday, October 10 for guiderail replacement. Local access will be maintained and traffic controllers will be on site for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Huntmar Drive and Richardson Side Road – Huntmar Drive will be closed between Bradley Side Road and Richardson Side Road, and Richardson Side Road will be closed to westbound traffic between Terry Fox Drive and Oak Creek Road from Friday, October 2 at 6 pm until Monday, October 5 at 5 am for roundabout construction. Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are encouraged to take alternative routes.
- Scott Street – Scott Street westbound will be closed between Island Park Drive and Holland Avenue from Friday, October 2 at 7 pm until Monday, October 5 at 5 am for sewer and watermain replacement. Signed detours will be in place for motorists and cyclists. Pedestrian access will be maintained. OC Transpo will be detoured. Visit OCTranspo.com for detour information.
- Highway 417 – A section of Highway 417 will close at Nicholas Street, in both directions, from Saturday, October 3 at 6 pm to Sunday, October 4 at 11 am. The eastbound on-ramps at Nicholas and Metcalfe streets will also close during that time. Detours will be in place.
Lane reductions will start on Saturday, October 3 at 5 pm, followed by the full closure at 6 pm. With the new bridge now in place, the closures are required to demolish the old structure as part of the Ministry of Transportation’s replacement of the Nicholas Street underpass.
- Prince of Wales Drive – Prince of Wales Drive will have weekday off-peak northbound lane reductions between Colonnade Road and Fisher Avenue from Monday, October 5 until the end of October for road resurfacing. One lane northbound will be maintained.Cyclist and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Fisher Avenue – Fisher Avenue will have weekday off-peak intermittent lane reductions in both directions between Baseline Road and Carling Avenue on Monday, October 5 for crack repairs. Traffic controllers will be on site to direct motorists. Pedestrian and cycling access will be maintained.
- Iris Street – The eastbound and westbound lanes of Iris Street at the Transitway will shift north of the street beginning on Monday, October 5 for approximately 18 months for the Stage 2 Confederation Line West Extension. Detour signage will be in place for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.